TUTORIAL: HOW TO INSTALL A SIGNED .IPA ON APPLE TV (4TH GEN OR 4K) WIRELESSLY USING XCODE AND APPDB PRO! PREREQUISITES
- Xcode 9.0 or later running on macOS 10.12.4 or later.
- Apple TV (4th generation or 4K) running tvOS 11.0 or later
- appdb PRO activated for your Apple TV HOW TO LINK APPLE TV TO APPDB AND ACTIVATE PRO FOR IT Skip this part if your Apple TV is already linked to appdb with PRO activated.
Visit this link page for instructions on how to link your Apple TV (4th gen or 4K) to appdb. Once linked, switch to it via the same link page, then buy and activate PRO for your Apple TV by visiting this page.
Once PRO is activated, you can head over to our tvOS section for apps, and click any green INSTALL button to start the signing process, or upload a custom .ipa at the custom installer page. Once the signing process is done, you will find direct link to .ipa in device status page.
1. Connect the Mac running Xcode and the Apple TV to the same network.
2. In Xcode, choose Window > Devices and Simulators, then in the window that appears, click Devices.
3. On the Apple TV, open Settings, then choose Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices. The Apple TV searches for possible pairing devices including the Mac.
4. In Xcode, select the Apple TV in the left column under Discovered. The status of the Apple TV connection request appears in the detail area.
5. Enter the verification code displayed on the Apple TV, then click Connect. Xcode pairs with the Apple TV and a network icon appears next the the Apple TV in the left column.
6. Drag .ipa file into the installed apps section (the .ipa must be signed with appdb PRO and downloaded from device status page - see previous section for more info).