appdb forums
MONGOLO

iOS vs android

Personally I find that iOS is way better than android. I like the look and feel of iOS better, and also, many of the apps are better on iOS. iOS is the original. iOS is often the first to bring in the new features, and is way more iconic.

Now, can everyone on here give me some good reasons they they prefer iOS over android. Also some good counterarguments in favor of android would be good.

Also some background statistics.

iOS devices in 2013quarter 2-  31.9 million

android devices sold in 2013 quarter 2 - 177.9

apple - 40% of smartphones

android -   53% of smartphones

windows phones and other sh*t - 7%

Thanks everyone,

MONGOLO

Android has a larger marketshare because there are more Android manufacturers and they cater to a wider range of people. Apple only targets a specific market but is very successful at it.

I own a HTC one and an iPad, personally, I think Android phones are good but the Android ecosystem is terrible. There aren't any good apps and those that are worth buying are very expensive. I won't blame developers though, piracy is so rampant on Android that its impossible for them to make a living making Android apps, so they end up making shitty apps with ads or charging exorbitant fees for them.

Ironically, I think one of the reasons why iOS has a superior ecosystem is because of it's good and largely effective DRM system, which drove app prices down and made the ecosystem very vibrant

The problem is Android is too fragmented with thousands of different devices making problems with apps compatibility and though they make faster than iDevices they always lag because RAM and maybe a cpu core failure. As Android is open source and easy to root it's also very vulnerable to malware than iOS (without JB I'm 99% sure there no malware).